*****For consideration please submit resume and salary history*****
NYX, Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing international cosmetics company in the Los Angeles area is looking for the right candidate to take a strategic, consultative approach to create value-added display and packaging solutions. We do more than just make cosmetics. Formulating successful solutions is about uncovering the needs of the consumer, retailer and international distributor. We immerse ourselves in our client’s business to proactively deliver solutions. We are offering an excellent opportunity for a junior to mid/senior-level Industrial Designer at our Los Angeles headquarters in Commerce, CA.
This role involves developing design ideas from marketing research, concept sketches, 3D renderings, presentations, and prototyping to fully working design solutions. A qualified candidate should be highly creative, self-motivated, and possess the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Individuals must enjoy working in a fast paced but fun, collaborative, team environment for a very diverse client base of leading retailers and distributors in over 70 countries
• Three or more years’ experience in Point of Purchase display/industrial design, manufacturing processes, ability to generate preliminary engineering parts from conceptual renderings, produce parts and assemblies in 3D design software, coordinate with outsourced vendors while adding value and reducing overall costs.
• Experience in mass market cosmetic/consumer product display design working with plastic fabrication, injection molding, vac forming, sheet metal, wood and assembly of multi-disciplined units is preferred.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Relevant Field
• Must have experience in 3D Design as well as Graphic Design Abilities
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at various stages of development. Must be able to keep all projects moving forward, shift priorities and manage deadlines with ability to adapt to changes while keeping projects on track.
• Excellent Project Management & Negotiation Skills
• Strong Conceptual thinking, ideation, sketching and presentation skills
• Excellent problem-solving skill and strategic thinking
• Knowledge of plastic, metal and other display materials, pricing and manufacturing processes.
• Excellent knowledge of retail store environments, display and fixture implementation.
• Work with Creative Team to lead projects from concept through final design and production
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return. Take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer