NYX. Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing professional-quality, edgy affordable makeup line with over 1.6 Billion Views on You Tube, is currently seeking an energetic, highly confident, highly organized, innovative, hardworking, and self-motivated individual to join the creative department as a full-time Video Producer/Editor to create video content that appeals to the social-media intensive brand. NYX’s video content is an exciting departure from traditional offering "social advertising and messaging" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift.
• Oversee, produce, direct and create video content.
• Write and edit scripts as required for jobs including but not limited to promotions, events, instructional content, etc.
• Create new videos and/or segments that appeal to makeup fans 16-34.
• Manage and schedule all timelines associated with video content. Create and maintain monthly reports on online video activity, trends and other important areas of internet in order to cater and promote our product to our target audience.
• Film and edit Blogger/Vlogger guests when visiting NYX Cosmetics and post immediately.
• Red Carpet coverage of movie premieres, awards' shows and entertainment events in Los Angeles.
• Work with marketing and communications staff to create and execute advertising/sponsorship opportunities within shows and video content.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in producing TV or Web Video content and preferably web video/YouTube content for entertainment purposes.
• High level of creativity with ability to lead and manage projects.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple tight deadlines.
• Familiar and confident with camera operation, sound, lighting and video editing.
• Ability and enthusiasm to set up and operate this equipment to produce great results.
• Must shoot content to be edited.
• Knowledge with filming on a DSLR (including sound for interviews).
• Understanding of resolution dimensions and aspect ratio analysis.
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really go for it.
• The ability to understand what video content requires minimal effort and rapid posting and what content requires a more professional look and feel.
• Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web video to be maintained and uploaded in multiple platforms including the company website, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Vine and others.
• Post videos on nyxcosmetics.com and YouTube quickly with proper naming, description and tagging.
• Ability to tell a story.
• Ability to work in small teams as well as go off on your own.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition with a great sense of humor.
• We embrace creative souls (no haters).
• Beauty background a plus.
• Proficient in Final Cut or Adobe Premier Pro Software. Must be proficient with MAC OS.
• Familiar with Adobe Creative Suites Software: Photoshop/Illustrator.
• The ability to create episodic content that appeals to women 16-34 years of age.
• Flexibility in work hours/schedule may be required at times. Some travel may be required.
• Valid driver's license and state mandated automobile insurance required.
• Photography experience a PLUS!!!
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return. Take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
***If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. The preferred method to apply is to submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and links to your video portfolio/reel online at: firstname.lastname@example.org***