Director of Regulatory and Quality Compliance
NYX, Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing international cosmetics company in the LA area is seeking to hire Director of Regulatory and Quality Compliance. The individual will work closely with the Purchasing, Inventory and Operations departments to ensure FDA certification and compliance on product ingredients. This position will report to the CEO and overall will be responsible for substantiating the safety and quality of our products and ingredients, ensuring compliance with FDA, operational importing/exporting and preparing document packages for submission to regulatory agencies.
• Direct all Regulatory & Quality related activities to support new product introduction from concept to market.
• Provide Regulatory guidance on company initiatives.
• Determine & facilitate all product/safety/packaging testing requirements.
• Oversee technical dossier development for all products.
• Facilitate International product registration globally.
• Review of all promotional/website/social media/packaging/labeling materials.
• Review and interpret all clinical testing protocols/results.
• Liaison with NYX vendors/suppliers on all Regulatory/Quality related issues.
• Perform vendor/supplier audits as needed.
• Oversee Quality batch approval/finished good inspection process.
• Facilitate all NYX retailer Regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field from an accredited university.
• A Minimum of 8-10 years of recent industry experience is required.
• Must have experience handling U.S. and international cosmetics or HBA regulatory issues .
• Must have thorough understanding of FDA regulation and pertinent state and federal laws governing cosmetics products manufacturing and marketing.
• Must be familiar with chemical names and technical terms as they relate to this position.
• Must have good knowledge in laboratory testing methodologies.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills.
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return and take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
*****For consideration please submit resume along with salary history from two most current employers*****