*****For consideration please submit resume, portfolio and salary history to Naz@nyxcosemtics.com*****
NYX, Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing international cosmetics company in the LA area is seeking to hire a mid-level Graphic Artist. This position will report to the Creative Manager and will support our creative department with all of NYX’s creative output including product packaging, display merchandizing, and marketing communication campaigns.
• Provide assistance with design and production of all product packaging, merchandizing displays and gondolas for domestic and international sales.
• Conceptualize and develop innovative designs that maintain brand consistency.
• Ensure that our creative outlook is cutting edge, quality and ahead of industry competitors while staying true to our brand image.
• Ensure a high level of creativity in all work produced and delivered and ensure quality of work and style is consistent, cohesive and meets marketing, sales, product development and purchasing objectives.
• Research and analyze industry trends and keep abreast of emerging technologies and creative applications.
• Assist the marketing and product development teams with planning, production and creative direction for global advertising campaigns, new product/store launches and other marketing initiatives to ensure accurate execution of material development and promotional materials.
• Assist with creative direction to all photo shoots including product shots, model shots, look books, video shoots, retail kits, and catalogues.
• Work with social media and PR departments to ensure concepts, communications, and copy are cohesive and consistent with the brand’s image.
• Facilitate idea sharing and communications across internal teams including sales, marketing, PR, product development and senior leadership.
• Foster and develop relationships with creative vendors including print, packaging, photography and videography.
• 3-5 years graphic design experience in a brand support roll
• Bachelor's degree in design related field
• Packaging and print experience is a must
• Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative outlook and design
• Excellent ability to judge creative concepts to ensure brand cohesiveness and brand strategy
• Ability to understand different materials and production methods
• Must be detail-oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple projects and priorities
• Strong photo retouching and color matching skills
• Knowledge and interest in current packaging trends and industry standards
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Adobe CS5+ Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design required. Basic Microsoft Office application knowledge.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills
• Beauty/cosmetic industry experience is a plus
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return and take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer