PR & Social Media Marketing Manager
NYX, Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing international cosmetics company in the LA area is seeking to hire a PR & Social Media Marketing Manager. The individual will primarily support the public relations team in successfully completing daily tasks as well as creating and strengthening social media strategies to engage more consumers to build the brand’s beauty community.
• Manage all social medial platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) by providing updates, promotions, new product launches and responses to customers’ inquires while directing them to appropriate internal departments.
• Write creative content for social media outlets to attract new and current customers to continue to follow and share our content of new products.
• Strengthen all social media outlets by constantly staying on top of beauty trends and developing exciting and appealing content.
• Develop and recommend compelling online marketing tools that will differentiate NYX from competitors.
• Organize social media events that embrace the realms of bloggers and video bloggers to develop a more personal relationship with the writer and/or blog personality.
• Generate contests and promotions that will attract new and existing fans.
• Manage platforms that will fortify the brand’s website.
• Build strong and enduring relationships that will foster external relationships including key press, influencers and relevant media sources such as bloggers and video bloggers.
• Partner and collaborate closely with upper management and department heads to align PR strategy with business objectives and goals.
• Manage speaking opportunities and awards programs while occasionally serving as NYX spokesperson.
• Manage press outreach and consistently develop and maintain partnerships withbeauty and fashion editors.
• Contact editors and beauty magazines to plan and execute advertising initiatives.
• Draft and edit press releases and ensure consistency with NYX messaging and editorial guidelines.
• In conjunction with various departments and upper management, strengthen the quality and frequency of keeping employees abreast of company goals results and activities.
• Produce original marketing content for other departments upon request.
• Track all daily fan interaction on all social media platforms.
• Passionate about beauty and fashion, creative and willing to take a risk to execute unique PR initiatives to positively expose our brand and create greater visibility to set us apart from our competitors.
• Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and able to manage multiple projects and priorities while continuously meeting tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated track record of using communications to help drive business results.
• Highly creative and inventive in effective PR/Media strategies and planning.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
• Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written with a high level of creativity and attention to detail.
• Effective working relationship with team members, managers, editors and all related parties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing and or Public Relations
• Highly knowledgeable about the beauty world and beauty trends
• Minimum of 4-6 years of PR agency and brand experience in Public Relations (national, regional and local)
• Agency experience is a must!
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return and take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
*****For consideration please submit resume along with salary history from two most current employers*****