***For consideration please submit resume and salary history from two most current employers***
NYX, Los Angeles Inc., a rapidly growing international cosmetics company in the LA area is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Supervisor. The primary responsibility is to aid in the implementation of NYX’s Quality Management System, particularly focusing upon implementation of a quality system. Through this, the QA Supervisor aids NYX in its mission to produce safe, quality cosmetics to its internal specifications.
The QA Supervisor works independently, as well as with the Director of Regulatory and Quality, VP of Operations, and suppliers in supervising the implementation and verification of the QMS. The QA Supervisor is instrumental in supervising, developing, writing and editing new programs across the Quality Management System. The position directs and supervises any other staff in the Quality Department, and has the authority to instruct and correct people in other departments as related to cosmetic safety. The QA supervisor also reviews production paperwork, Certificates of Analysis and releases product for shipment.
• Supervise QA personnel, maintain and develop Quality System
• Review documentation from production
• Release Product for shipment
• Create and review COAs
• Coordinate with 3rd party labs & sample prep
• Perform spot audits of GMPS
• Microbiological sampling in product and Environment
• Aid in training and supervision of personnel in Quality Management System
• Track corrective actions
• Aid in customer documentation requests
• Maintain documentation on ingredients
• Form creation and organization
• 5 year experience in quality
• 1 year experience in supervision or management
• Familiarity with GMPs, SOPs, and ISO standards
• Proficient in researching, developing and implementing solutions to problems
• Proficient in computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to set goals, work independently and meet deadlines
• You must have at least a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in cosmetics or HBA industry
• Previous experience in Management or leadership position
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher
• Experience with laboratory technique
• Experience with import / export markets
• Specification development
Create value - Focus on actions that will give the greatest return and take appropriate risks and invent new ways of solving problems.
Partnerships - Build strong and enduring partnerships.
Empowerment - Get the best out of everyone in a fast paced environment. Develop the next generation of talent for the business.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer